Thursday, August 28, 2008

Poor Baby Dae!

Click on the picture to see it better.

So here is my crazy story about my poor baby. He has been pretty cranky the last few days and we couldn't figure out what his problem was. I'm not completely sure that is related but I think it is, anyway..... This morning he woke up with what looked like a bug bute on his stomach. It bothered him if we touched it. Tim and I just kept looking at it because it was swelling and looking worse and worse. Thank goodness Uncle James is a Dr! I told tim to call him and we sent him pictures. The bite was spreading up his stomach. He told us to check for a fever (which was 101). Uncle James told us we needed to take him to the doc immediately. He needed a shot (which he got) and some oral antibiotic (which he also recieved) The pediatrician in Overton just kept saying to me over and over again "that doesn't look good" she wasn't making me feel anybetter. after the shot I was given strick instructions to watch him and if it srpead more to take him to the ER and regardless of what happened to him he was to come back to the doc's office tomorrow to recieve more treatment. I was so glad I took him because he got worse before he started to get better. His fever continued to increase and he just layed on my lap looking miserable! Now he is tucked in bed with clean sheets just incase it was a spider, but nobody really knows if it was a bug bite or an abscess but it was definetely infected. Thanks so much Uncle James, sometimes it really pays to have a doctor in the family!

5 comments:

Crazy Little Chipmunk & 4 Sweethearts said...

Wow! I hope that he feels better, that is way scary! If you need anything let me know! Yeah that would be nice to have a doctor in the family!

Camrin said...

So scary! Hopefully he gets all back to normal soon. I hate when my kids have something wrong. I just want to take the pain from them. It makes me realize the love our Heavenly Father has for us as his children. Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Amy Joy said...

Makes me cry. I am so gald you took him right in. It is nice to have the Dr. in the house. He even goes to get any meds the kids need in middle of the night. We love you!

Bonnie Walker said...

we are taking him to the hospital, we'll keep you posted

Walker Family said...

Hopefully it wasn't a brown recluse spider. My dad got bit by one of those...they're scary. We're praying for him Bonnie!! He'll pull through! I am glad we have a Dr. in the family too...FOR SURE! We love you!