Tuesday, September 23, 2008

San Diego







We went to San Diego this weekend for our Annual Lewis Reunion. It wasn't the same as usual. Grandma and Grandpa Lewis couldn't make it and Bob and Viv are on their mission but we still had a great time! My mom and dad decided to bring back tradition. They had corn on the cob boiling half the time and we had BLT's on Friday morning. It brought back so many memories. So many of us have talked about staying somewhere else for our San Diego trips but the memories that come are so nostalgic and fun. I could see uncle Ron in the kitchen sweating over the bacon telling us to eat more. I love making new memories and remembering all those fun things of the past. I can remember spending so much time on the beach and in the ocean that I would get rashes from the sand rubbing my skin. It was worth it, I loved the ocean. I found out thanks to chantz this year that I still do love it but I have to say the funnest thing this year was watching my 3 little boys LOVE the sand and water. Even David couldn't get enough of the ocean. His lips were blue and he was shaking but he would point at the water and say "moa" how could I say no, I knew just how he felt! After this weekend I understood why my mom and dad took us back. The stressful and exhausting days and nights in San Diego are worth it because of the joy and the magic it creates for my babies. It will always be a special place to them and I am so glad!!






3 comments:

Camrin said...

How fun!!! I am glad you shared your pictures! Making memories with family is the best! I wish you had a picture of you and Tim.
Did you by chance take your roller skates along? Probably not cause you have kids now but it was fun to remember when we would skate all around the year I went with you. :)
FYI- I have some brand new roller skates that I bought at a yard sale for $3. They are even Purple! Next year you will have to borrow them. LOL :)

Natalie said...

Glad you guys had a great time! Sorry we missed out! Maybe next year we can make it! Thank you for the email out it (that way we can try to plan for it better)...I think that is wonderful that the family is still holding on to the tradition. It is so important to share with this new generation! Love the pictures!!!

Ginny said...

Love the pictures! I hope that I am able to take my family next year. I know my little fish would love it! I am new to the blog world, but hopefully it will help us keep in better touch. Love ya-Ginny