Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I give up or is it in?

David has been trying to potty train himself for a month. Today I gave in and he is wearing big boys. What made me make that decision you might ask. Well......... he disappeared this morning and when we went to find him he had locked himself in my bathroom. I could just picture him unrolling the toilet paper or playing in the toilet water. I couldn't get in the room fast enough and when I did, what did I find.... An adorable little boy sitting on the toilet naked trying to go potty. I guess if he has to lock his mom out of the bathroom to try I should just give it a go.

So far.........
2 hours
0 accidents
3 trips to the toilet
(2 times by himself, he is so stinking independent)

He is so proud of himself. Me, I just scared. I've done this before and it isn't my favorite job when it comes to motherhood. It can get a little messy :) But I do have to say, there is something hilarious about him sitting on the toilet with his pa in his mouth. I still can't make myself take it away. He is old enough, I know but he loves it and I love it as much as he does.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

You go David! Good luck Bonnie, before you know it he will be trained!

ShEiLa said...

I always say...
its the Mother that is trained?
or the Granny?

Tony will brag to this day that he was toilet trained before age 1.
I will will always believe that Granny Ball was the trained one.

ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Amy Joy said...

He is so cute and still reminds me of my Levi. Can not wait for them to meet. You can count Tyler as one you have trained. Thanks again btw. One weekend with Aunt Bonnie and seeing William Pee on the rocks did it for him. Wish I had more time in May I would train Levi out there in the rocks.

Lauren said...

Those are some funny pictures! Good luck!