Monday, February 2, 2009

Mr. Wonderful


All to often my Walker boys blogs revolve around my little munchkins and I forget to pay tribute to sweet husband who recently has earned the name Mr. Wonderful. Words can not do justice to the gratitude and love I feel for my sweet husband. If any one could rewind my life the last 3 months they would see that mt Timmy deserves a purple heart. As my morning sickness kicked into full force 2 days before thanksgiving and I couldn't give up the hope of being able to make the pies I had volunteered to bring.... He is the one who finished the pies thanksgiving day and still tried to give me credit (they were awesome) As I used all the energy I could muster while he was at work just to make sure my kids survived he took on all my homemaking duties. He would get up in the morning and feed the kids breakfast, make William's and his lunch and go to work. When he came home he would make dinner, do the dishes, play with the kids and usually stay up late doing more work remotely from his home office computer. Then he would tuck us all in and it would start all over again. His weekends were devoted to laundry and his children. In January when I miraculously felt better and knew that it was too good to be true it was my husband who drove me to my doc and held my hand when they told me that there wasn't a heart beat.

Needless to say, I became worthless once again. Lost in my own despair, it was my Mr. Wonderful who stood by me once again. He listened when I hated the world. He held me while I cried. He was so kind to me when I was impossible to live with. One day I related to my mom how playful and funny Tim was being and it was my mom and her infinite wisdom that pointed out to my blind eyes how hard he was trying to make me happy. She was right. He has been so selfless and patient with me and I am eternally grateful.

So thank you Tim for being everything and more than I could ever hope for! Thanks for not giving up on me. I love you more than words can express!!!

10 comments:

The Christiansen's said...

I think we both lucked out on wonderful husbands! I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage I was and still am where you are today with all that has been going on the past year with our miscarriage and now our new added trial! but something that helps me when I am down is a book I got from a family friend... its called Angel Children those who die before accountability by Mary V. Hill and another one is The Broken Heart Applying the Atonement to Life's Experiences by Bruce C. Hafen... I have both books and if you haven't read any of them let me know and I can run them up to you they helped me and still do help me from time to time! or if you just need to talk I am here!
Lindy

Aaron said...

GO TIM!!!

Walker Family said...

You are one lucky woman Bonnie! :) I think all 4 of us girls got pretty lucky with our Walker boys!! Its so nice to know that you have such great love and support though huh!? We love you!

Ginny said...

Ya, I am up here in Oregon bawling like a baby! I miss you so much.

Amy Joy said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I love you. You are a beautiful mother one of the very BEST I know. Sending my love!

Cindy said...

I say Yes to all!
Tim and Bonnie you are great parents!
Love you,
Love,
Mom

Camrin said...

Okay, sometimes I do things in my life that I really regret. I knew I should have called you like a month ago. You were in my thoughts! I didn't because well, I don't know why. Now that I am reading your blog I am in tears because I know I have let my friend down. I am so sorry! As soon as my kids get better from all our sicknesses then we will come visit you. I promise!!! I miss you and I know I need to be a better friend. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help during these hard times. Even though we don't see each other much I still consider you my BFF! Sometimes you just find that friend who is a true friend. I really feel that way about you. :) Now that I have talked your ear off, please if you are in the Mesquite area give me a call. I would love to see you!

kessa lou said...

alright you made me bawl. i love you.

Lopez7 said...

Bonnie,
I am very sorry for your and Tim's loss. You will be in our prayers. love you!

The Joys of Boys said...

Hi Bonnie, I just read this and I hadn't known that you had a miscarriage. I'm so sorry to hear that. We'll be praying for you and Tim.